To start off with, we want to give you an understanding of the concept, the terms and the required or optional settings and data.
The concept and terms
The idea of the offer tool is to be able to create one or more offers for a SELLSATION sales project. The form of the offer can, of course, be set up by pre-configuring certain sections such as taxes, discounts, etc. Certain sections can also be set as fixed or changeable by the user.
By creating price lists, product catalogs along with the prices can be stored. In addition, the offer tool lets you manage a variety of price lists from different manufacturers.
Products that are stored in price lists can also be provided with accessories, so that the user can easily select suitable accessories for a "main product".
In the event that you offer the same basic product in different pack sizes, units of quantity and their conversion values can be stored as selectable products.
Before we get into the management of price lists and products, let's take a closer look at the terms :
- Offer : An offer is a compilation of products that is stored together with the offered quantities, the individual prices, the calculated prices multiplied by the respective quantities and the total price of the offer for a sales project.
- Manufacturer : The supplier of your products is referred to as the manufacturer. You can create different price lists for different manufacturers. If you do this, products from different manufacturers cannot be put together in one offer.
- Product : Often referred to as a stock keeping unit or SKU is a storable item that can be offered as a unit.
- Unit : As described above, you can determine the unit or unit of measure for a specific product. For example, if you trade small parts, such as screws, the base unit could be pieces or STK. At the same time, you could also define other packaging sizes based on this product, such as a 20-pack. In this case you have to store these units and the "conversion" from the basic unit STK to 20-Pack (ie 1x20-Pack = 20xSTK). If you then create an article in the price list in its base unit, you can easily define the pack sizes for it. Both the quantity and the base price are calculated according to the conversion factor.
- Accessories : Accessories are products that can be sold together with the "basic product". This means that you have the option of linking products in a price list in such a way that suitable accessories can be displayed and selected when a "basic product" is selected.
Administration of price lists:
As an authorized SELLSATION administrator, navigate to the administration page and click on the Offer tool icon:
You will find the following functions on the administration page of the offer tool:
With the help of this function you can determine how the offer number should be designed, which sections an offer should contain, and which contents should be displayed in the respective columns of the list.
The offer number:
In this section you can use the switch marked in the image to determine whether the project volume can only be entered via offers to be created or whether it must be entered manually in the project detail view.
The 3 dots (...) are a function menu that has different functions depending on the context. Here in the offer number section you can add further parts of the offer number composition.
In the marked part below you can see what this might look like. You can choose from the following options for these components:
- Offer number (automatic counting or manual entry)
- Text - any fixed text
- Current year - here you can also choose the format (e.g. 20 or 2020)
- Current month
- Current calendar week
- Version number
In our example, the offer number would look something like this:
MyOffers 20001 2020
You can add more to the standard columns or move the position of the columns. Standard columns are always visible, user-defined columns can be hidden or deleted:
To add a new custom column please click on the "..." symbol at the top of this section.
then a new line is created in the configuration and you can assign a name to this column. This name can then be seen in the offer as the column header of the detail table.
In the picture above you see the second line, a column definition called "My Custom Column". On the right you see the following symbols: to move up and down, a symbol for visibility and an "x" to delete this column.
After you have finished compiling the sections for the offer, please do not forget to save your work. The save button is at the bottom.
By clicking on the menu item price lists within the offer administration you will first get to the selection of the manufacturers. As described above, you can create several manufacturers and create separate price lists for each of these manufacturers.
New manufacturers can be created by clicking on the "..." symbol.
The manufacturer overview shows all manufacturers that have been created in your system, the creation date, the number of price lists and the number of articles.
On the right side you can see the up and down arrow, the symbol for editing the entry, the show and hide tool and the button for deleting the entry.
By clicking on the manufacturer's name shown in blue, you will go one level lower to select the price list:
After a new manufacturer has been created, the list is initially empty. By clicking on "..." at the top right, a new price list can be created.
Please assign a name and a version number. The zero in this field must be replaced by another numerical value. With OK you save the new price list and can now add products.
In this list you will also see the same symbols that work in an analogous manner on the right side.
Click on the name of the price list to go to the list of products:
Here you can add new data records by clicking on the "..." symbol at the top right:
A product is created in the first tab Detail View :
- Name - product name
- Product Category - this field is mandatory if you have configured product categories in SELLSATION.
- Article Number - this is the product number
- Price per unit
- Base unit - as described above, you can define units for your products. There is a base unit and other denominations. In our case above, the base unit is grams, the other units are:
- 1 / 8th
It is important that the definition of the denomination also determines conversion factors that determine both the quantity of the denomination and the price factor of this denomination.
Each denomination can, however, be selected as the base unit when creating a product, i.e. we could also create our base product in the base unit Ounce. In this case, the possible further denominations would be calculated using a reciprocal factor.
- Tags - You can assign one or more tags for an order, which makes searching easier, especially for large price lists.
- Note - Free text
- Description - Free text
The second tab Supplies lets you define suitable additional products for the main product just entered and the respective denominations (see above):
Start typing in the search field and the list shows the products that begin with the letters you entered. Select a product from the price list that is "compatible" with the basic product and the denominations and click on the "+" to the right of the input field to create the link:
In the third tab, Quantities , you can create all available denominations or pack sizes that are available for your basic product. The basis for this is the list of units that have been stored for the base product. Select an available denomination and click on the "+":
In our case, two additional pack sizes were created for the base product. Now click OK to return to the price list:
You can use the Units function to create different units and their possible denominations. In our case, we defined a weight unit based on grams and defined different denominations including the conversion values for this unit:
As you can see, these units are freely selectable. Grams can be converted into other weight units according to the applicable values, as well as freely selectable terms can be added after your conversions. To create a new base unit, click on "...". Create a new base unit. As you can see, the name of the base unit is disengaged on the left and the conversion cannot be entered because this factor is always 1. You will also find a "+" in the line of the base unit on the right. Click the "+" to enter more units. Finally save your entry by clicking on the Save button.